The two Harness Families that lived in Searcy Co., Ar. in 1860, were William and Sarah, and John and Jane (2nd wife). Both lived in Locust Grove Township. There is no Locust Grove Township today. It is called Sulphur Springs Township. It is located south-west of Marshall, AR. In 1880, still just 2 families in Searcy Co. In 1900, 27 individuals with last name Harness in Searcy Co. Many of these descendants now live in Harrison, Boone Co., AR.