During World War II there were a series of fleet support ship which were named after War Between the States Battles.
These were the T-2 class fleet oil tankers 1942 to 1945.
Two of these tankers, Hull number 423 and 424 were named after battles in Arkansas.
Hull number 423, United States Maritime Commission # 1756, was laid down in Oct 1944 by the Sun Shipbuilding and Drydock Co. and was named Praire Grove.
Hull number 424, United States Maritime Commission # 1757, was laid down in Nov. 1944 by the Sun Shipbuilding and Drydock Co. and was name Pine Bluff.
These T2-SE-A1 type ships were 523 feet 6 inches long, 68 feet abeam and carried a gross rated tonnage of 10,448. Deadweight tonnage was 16,613 and they displaced about 21,880 tons. The turbo-electric propulsion system delivered 6,000 shaft horsepower, with a maximum power of 7,240 horsepower giving a top rated speed of about 15 knots with a cruising range of about 12,600 miles. The average production time from laying of the keel to completion for sea trials was about 70 days.