I could use your help. I would appreciate any help you can give on the Hunt family and their allied families. I saw an old posting regarding your Jesse A. Hunt, son of Grandison B. Hunt or is it Brittian Grandison Hunt. I am interested in proving if Jesse A. Hunt’s sister Polly and my Polly Hunt be one and the same person? I would greatly appreciate any help with my branch of the Hunt line.
I have only been able to research my Hunt family line as far back as that "Polly" Hunt; I have my Polly being born ca.1826 in Tennessee. I have Polly Hunt’s being married to Franklin Smith, and listing him born ca. 1824 in Tennessee.
The proven information I have on my Hunt family tree is as fellows:
Polly Hunt and Franklin Smith, they had at least one son ... John Martin Smith.
* John Martin Smith, born August 10, 1847 in Tennessee and died at his son's Ed ‘s home at 807 Lincoln Street, Springfield, Greene County, Missouri in on July 14, 1910 and is buried in Ash Grove, Greene County, Missouri. John married ~ Sarah "Sallie" Thomas Boone on February 28, 1871 in Ash Grove, Greene County, Missouri, born July 20, 1849, St. Frances County, Arkansas Territory. Sallie died October 14, 1906 Ash Grove or Springfield, Greene County, Missouri and is buried in Ash Grove, Greene County, Missouri.
** John Martin Smith and Sarah "Sallie" Boone children are:
(A.) (My line) … Edward Elmer Scott Smith, born on May 29, 1872 in Ash Grove, Greene Co., Missouri and married ~ Mary Ellen McKinney, June 6, 1895 in Ash Grove, Greene Co., Missouri; Edward, died on Jan 14, 1954 in Yakima, Yakima Co., Washington. Mary Ellen McKinney, born on Feb. 19, 1877 in Mt. Vernon, Rockcastle Co., Kentucky and died on Oct. 17, 1946 in Houston, Harris Co., Texas.
Edward and Mary Smith’s children are:
1. Loren Robert Smith, born on March 20, 1896 and died on February 11, 1969. Loren married ~ Mary Hackfath.
2. Charles Dickenson Smith, born on September 9, 1897 and died on 1965 in Oklahoma City, Oklahoma. Charles married ~ Elsie Jarvis.
3. Daniel Franklin Smith, born on December 12, 1899 and died on April 12, 1900.
4. (My line)… Barbara Allean Smith, (my Grandmother), born on October 14, 1905 in Walnut Grove, Greene County, Missouri and died on January 29, 1981 in Houston, Texas. Barbara married ~ Walter William Kiel, born on August 6, 1903 in Washington, Texas and died on December 10, 1993 in Houston, Texas.
5. Ethel Smith, born on July 17, 1903 and died on July 17, 1903.
(B)… Robert C. E. Smith, born Oct. 21, 1874, Ash Grove, Greene Co., Missouri. Died Jan 17, 1876, Ash Grove, Greene Co., Missouri.
(C)… Lorenzo Belle Smith, born March 5, 1877, Ash Grove, Greene Co., Missouri. Died Sept. 29, 1881 Ash Grove, Greene Co., Missouri.
(D)… Francis Ira Boone Smith; born July 6, 1879, Greene Co., Missouri. Died March 17, 1880, Greene Co., Missouri.
(E)… Stella May D. W. A. L. M. Smith, born March 6, 1887, Greene Co., Missouri. Died Sept. 20, 1908, Greene Co., Missouri.
(F)… Mary Isadore Smith, born Oct. 10, 1891, Greene Co., Missouri. Died Jan 1970 Greene Co., Missouri. Married ~ __?_ Chilcult.
Any help would be greatly appreciated.