Cavalry Company—This corps, at their last meeting, adopted as their name, The Des Arc Rangers. On last Saturday they paraded through our streets, for the first time, in their uniforms, presenting quite a soldier-like appearance. The uniform adopted by the Rangers is a red flannel shirt, with a deep blue breast and back, blue cuffs and black velvet collar, with three rows of brass buttons in front; black pants, with red stripes up the sides; United States cavalry fatigue cap, with ostrich plume, with colt’s Navy repeaters and United States dragoon sabers.
The Constitutional Union, Des Arc, Arkansas, April 5, 1861.
Note: The Des Arc Rangers were subsequently mustered into service at Co. B, 1st Arkansas Mounted Rifles.