The gun in question for a time sat opposite the Lady Baxter on the old State House Lawn in Little Rock as trophies of the Brooks Baxter War. It was not of British manufacture but according to Admiral David Porter came from the US Naval stores at Norfork, Virginia.
It and Lady Baxter were two of the three original guns of the CSS Ponchartrain at New Orleans and used at Fort Hindman during the Battle of Arkansas Post January 11, 1863. They were recovered from Arkansas Post well by the 12th Texas Cavalry and moved to Fort Pleasent at Pine Bluff, before being moved to the Little Rock Arsenal where General Steele found them in September 1863 and had them thrown into the Arkansas River.
Woodruff recovered them after the War. In 1921 a Photograph was taken of it sitting at Arkansas Post after it was moved there. It is not known what happened to it afterwards. It is believed it fell into the River during the 1927 flood.