it is an ANV style flag - but not an ANV flag prese - in other words it was not made at the Richmond Depot.
Howard Madaus has determined that the Trans-Miss Confederates used five main types of battle flags:
1) First Nationals and variants
2) Second Nationals and variants
3) ANV style flags - either square-ish or rectangular and these include the blue flags of Walker's Texas Division
4) state flags (mostly Texas)
5) flags of a unique pattern - like the blue flags with red St. George's crosses or the Choctaw Brigade flag.
As such, the Southern Cross flags were known in the Trans-Miss, but were not the predominant pattern there.