Here is another company flag description, this time for the Evans Guards company of Troup County, GA.
DAILY CHRONICLE & SENTINEL [AUGUSTA, GA], July 31, 1861, p. 2, c. 1
A Handsome Banner.--Messrs. McLaughlin & Fisk; McIntosh street, have completed a splendid banner for the Evans Guards, of Troup county Georgia. The design which is very tasteful and finely executed--is as follows: Upon a scroll at the top is the name of the company; in the centre [sic] is the Confederate shield, with an uplifted arm above it grasping a sword; and a laurel wreath below it; on a scroll beneath the shield is the motto: "The Right of Self-Government." On the reverse side is the Georgia coat of arms. The banner is of heavy blue silk. The Evans Guards may well feel proud of so handsome a standard.