William H. Douglass
Residence Chatham County GA;
Enlisted on 10/5/1861 as a Private.
On 10/5/1861 he mustered into "C" Co. GA 31st Infantry
* POW (date and place not stated) (In l862)
* Paroled 9/7/1862 (place not stated)
* On rolls 11/5/1864 (place not stated) (No further record)
Sources used by Historical Data Systems, Inc.:
- Roster of Confederate Soldiers of Georgia 1861-1865
William H. Douglas, 20, Private, Capt. Archer Griffeth’s Company of Mitchell Guards, Georgia Vols.*, enlisted October 5, 1861 at Savannah/Greenvilla, Ala. by LCol. W. S. Rockwell for 12 months, paroled at Aiken’s Landing, Va. ca. September 7th, 1862, wounded at Gettysburg, Pa. July 1,1863, receipted for an issue of clothing November 12, 1864, no further records
* This company subsequently became Company C, 27th Regiment Georgia Infantry. The designation 27th Regiment Georgia Infantry was changed to the 31st Regiment Georgia Infantry about April, 1862.
Note, the November 5, 1864 is the last Company C muster rolls in the records, hence we cannot ascertain his further service
His record contains an Adjutant General, U. S. Army Dept. note regarding a query from the Georgia Pension Board dated 9/1/16
Compiled Service Records of Confederate Soldiers Who Served in Organizations from the State of Georgia