I don't have his Compiled Military Service Record so I can't see when he was present and absent from the "32nd", but below is a list of the battles, in which, this regiment participated.
* Pocotaglia, South Carolina (10/22/62)
* Grimballís Landing, James Island, South Carolina (7/16/63)
* Battery Wagner, South Carolina (7/18/63)
* Charleston Harbor, South Carolina (8/63 - 9/63)
* Olustee, Florida (2/20/64)
* Tullifiny Station, South Carolina (12/9/64)
* Carolinas Campaign (2/65 - 4/30/65)
* Rivers' Bridge, South Carolina (2/3/65)
* Bentonville, North Carolina (3/19/65 - 3/21/65)
The 32nd Georgia spent most of its time in service garrisoning and defending the Georgia-South Carolina coast. If you saw the movie "Glory", the 54th Massachusetts (Colored) Infantry was in the same general area as your ancestor.
Congratulations on your membership in the UDC. I hope you enjoy your associate with this outstanding organization.
If you do not have the Compiled Military Service Record and/or Confederate Pension Application file of James Lightfoot, you can purchase these records through the link below.