A little more literary support for a Beale Wagon Road Bridge being built about 1860 across Little River, Hughes County, at Edwards Settlement and Trading Post is noted to be given on page 80 of the Chronicles of Oklahoma, Vol. 12, No. 1, of March, 1934. See the article's footnote 12 (below):
" 12 The bridge recommended by Beale was accordingly constructed here and was destroyed during the Civil War. At a low stage of the water the abutments may still be seen in place on each side of Little River. This bridge was located between Edwards Trading Settlement on the right (west) side of the river and the site of old Camp Canadian or Fort Holmes on the left (east) side, the latter being near the residence of Mr. Nicholas Bilby. "