One picture taken by Kyle Burch of Spiro, Oklahoma, of Beale's South masonry stone abutment built in the Summer of 1859 at Redbank Creek about five miles west of Spiro can now be seen at Jack Beale Smith's Beale Wagon Road website at:
1. South abutment at Redbank Creek
Pictures of one corner of the top (headstone) of the North abutment reveal that it is still mostly buried in silt, but appears to be located at the correct distance from the South abutment.
2. The historic "holy grail" sign (nameplate) found by Kyle Burch at the Redbank Creek bridge site prove that the six iron bridges of the Beale Wagon Road followed the 1841-1855 design patent held by Squire Whipple, were built in 1859 by Pencoyd Iron Works of Philadelphia, PA and supervised by their bridge designer, John W. Murphy. The picture of this historically significant discovery in Oklahoma History, will be found at:
Just before his death, Squire Whipple wrote that he had sold his patent in 1859 for his Arch-Bowstring design to the A. & P. Roberts and Company, including some interest to J. W. Murphy, supposedly to expedite the federal contract to build the Whipple bowstring iron bridges at the Pencoyd Iron Works owned by A. & P. Roberts, & Co. where J. W. Murphy then worked.