This company was raised in Baton Rouge and had been mustered into Confederate service on November 3, 1862. It soon became Company A, Cage's Louisiana Cavalry Battalion. This unit of three companies was attached at various times to Miles' Louisiana Legion and was sometimes called Miles' Legion Cavalry. On September 14, 1863, the battalion was consolidated with six Mississippi companies to form the 14th Confederate Cavalry Regiment. The company commander, Benjamin F. Bryan, considered this assignment illegal and kept his men in Louisiana when the regiment moved to Mississippi. On June 6, 1864, the men became Company A, Ogden's Louisiana Cavalry Battalion, a temporary organization formed at Clinton, LA. In January 1865, portions of this battalion were organized into Ogden's Louisiana Cavalry Regiment, and Dufrocq's company became Company A of that unit. It remained with the regiment until it was surrendered and paroled at Gainesville, Alabama.