Marian, the first born was Nancy J. a female that appears on the 1850 census. Here is the Watts connection.
Descendants of Richard Watts
Generation No. 1
1. RICHARD1 WATTS1 was born Jan 1760 in Culpeper, Virginia, USA1, and died Oct 1828 in Washington, Kentucky, USA1. He married SARAH SALLIE STUBBLEFIELD1. She was born 1760 in Reading, Birkshire, England1, and died 10 May 1857 in Elbert, Georgia, USA1.
Child of RICHARD WATTS and SARAH STUBBLEFIELD is:
2. i. NANCY JANE2 WATTS, b. 08 Nov 1779, Virginia, USA; d. 18 Nov 1866, Washington, Kentucky, USA.
Generation No. 2
2. NANCY JANE2 WATTS (RICHARD1)1,2 was born 08 Nov 1779 in Virginia, USA3, and died 18 Nov 1866 in Washington, Kentucky, USA3. She married BEVERLY JAMES DICKERSON3,4,5 May 1804 in Mercer, Kentucky, USA6. He was born 17716, and died 11 Mar 1849 in Washington, Kentucky, USA6.
Notes for NANCY JANE WATTS:
1850 Washington Co., KY, census, p.141B, no Twp. listed, Aug. 14, 1850, Jno B. Starr:
158/158, NANCY DICKERSON, 65 F, [occupation not stated], VA; Richard W., 38 M, [occupation not stated], KY.
1850 Washington Co., KY, Slave Schedule, Nancy DICKERSON, p.493, no Twp. listed
1850 Washington Co., KY, census, 161/161, Beverly J. DICKERSON, p.141B.
1850 Washington Co., KY, census index, William DICKERSON [should read DICKEN], age 45 b. KY, with 999/999 George S. CINRUER [sic], p.201B, no Twp. listed
More About NANCY JANE WATTS:
Residence: 1860, District 1, Washington, Kentucky7
More About BEVERLY JAMES DICKERSON:
Residence: 1810, Washington, Kentucky8
Children of NANCY WATTS and BEVERLY DICKERSON are:
3. i. ELIZABETH3 DICKERSON, b. 27 Feb 1814, Marion, Kentucky, USA; d. 09 Oct 1895, Blue Springs, Jackson, Missouri, USA.
ii. BEVERLY J DICKERSON9,10, b. 1820, Kentucky, USA11.
More About BEVERLY J DICKERSON:
Residence: 1850, Washington, Kentucky12
iii. WILLIAM C DICKERSON13.
iv. RICHARD W DICKERSON13, b. 1812, Kentucky, USA13.
Generation No. 3
3. ELIZABETH3 DICKERSON (NANCY JANE2 WATTS, RICHARD1) was born 27 Feb 1814 in Marion, Kentucky, USA13, and died 09 Oct 1895 in Blue Springs, Jackson, Missouri, USA13. She married RICHARD SAMUEL KIMBERLIN14,15 07 May 1833 in Marion, Kentucky, USA16, son of JOHN KIMBERLIN and ELIZABETH FOWLER. He was born 01 Jan 1809 in Texas, Washington, Kentucky, USA16, and died 09 Nov 1862 in Blue Springs, Jackson, Missouri, USA16.
Notes for RICHARD SAMUEL KIMBERLIN:
Owned 4 Slaves 1860 Slave Schedules 3 mulatto females and one black male
Owned 2 Slaves 1850 Slave Schedules 2 black males
Richard Samuel, died a tragic death in Blue Springs, Missouri in 1862. He was hung during the Jay Hawk raids by Union soldiers who thought he was a southern sympathizer. His house and farm buildings burnt to the ground in front of his widow and children. Richard Samuel was then and elderly man with only had one leg. He is thought to have lost his leg during one of his tracks to the western territory by oxen cart where he carried supplies. His four eldest sons are said to have joined the Confederate Army to revenge their father's death. His descendants were part of the colorful history of the western states, moving to Texas and Indian Territory of Oklahoma to marry and raise their families following the Civil War. Cousins who descend from Richard Samuel have shared much of their families history in the western territory.
This family moved to Missouri before the 1860 census. I have found articles in the Confederate Vet. volumes written by several of his sons and shared material with Robert Mayes, a descendant.
per Forest Smith 2001
More About RICHARD SAMUEL KIMBERLIN:
Residence: 1860, Sni A Bar, Jackson, Missouri17
Children of ELIZABETH DICKERSON and RICHARD KIMBERLIN are:
i. WILLIAM GRANT4 KIMBERLIN18, b. 22 Dec 1842, Washington, Kentucky, USA18; d. 10 Jun 1914, Texas, USA18.
ii. RICHARD S KIMBERLIN, b. 19 Oct 1843, Washington, Kentucky, USA18; d. 1880, Hopkins, Texas, USA18.
iii. ROBERT KEMPER KIMBERLIN18, b. 25 May 1845, Washington, Kentucky, USA18; d. 20 Jan 1930, San Angelo, Tom Green, Texas, USA18.
iv. JULIAN N KIMBERLIN, b. 18 Dec 1846, Texas, Washington, Kentucky, USA18; d. 21 Aug 1932, Altus, Texas, USA18.
v. MARY KIMBERLIN, b. 1851, Kentucky.
vi. MARTHA JANE KIMBERLIN18, b. 1853, Washington, Kentucky, USA18.
vii. NANCY J KIMBERLIN18, b. 1834, Washington, Kentucky, USA18.
viii. ISIAH JEFFERSON KIMBERLIN18, b. 08 Jul 1838, Washington, Kentucky, USA18; d. 15 Apr 1914, Sherman, Grayson, Texas, USA18.
Compiled 3-10-08 John R.