In 1876, O.R. White, Ira Darby, Sr., and W.H. Long all owned land in this area in Franklin Township. There were several Turner land owners in this area on that plat map so without further information we do not know which Turner farm the barn was located on. It appears that this may have been the area where the scalping occurred.