I was just opening the site when I saw George's post ref. Lincoln Co and replied to it. With the current time on hand, I'm working on family history ref kin in the Confederate Army. I'm working on the Hemphill line and could use some help on the details of regiment, rank, etc.
1. Dr. Jonathan Whitley Hemphill, born 25 July 1825, died 6 May 1903. Lived in Choctaw Co for the 1850 and 1870 censuses. Family letter to my grandmother in 1927 gave his rank as Captain.
2. Charles R. Hemphill, born 1837, KIA 30 Nov 1964, Franklin, TN. Buried grave 105*, MS Section, McGavock Cemetery.
3. Robert B. Hemphill, born 1821 in GA, lived in MS. KIA Franklin, Tn 1864. Rank private. No further details.
4. I already have info on my gg grandfather 3rd Lt. Andrew J. Hemphill, 31 MS Inf. Regiment, buried in Ackerman Cemetery. Believe he was in Capt. James Drane's Co. Capt. Drane was kin by marriage. A. J. died on 22 Sept 1863 at home on medical leave from Camp Abbeville, MS dated in Aug. '63. One note says he died of illness, another says from wounds.
These men were all either brothers or 1st cousins. Will appreciate any help.
* I'm going from memory on the grave #, I have it some where but not handy at the moment.