Fort Negley (1) (1863-1867) - A Union U.S. Civil War Fort first established in 1863 on St. Cloud Hill in Nashville, Davidson County, Tennessee. Named Fort Negley after General James S. Negley. Renamed Fort Harker after Brigadier General Charles G. Harker, (Cullum 1813), who was killed 27 Jun 1864 in the battle of Kenesaw Mountain. The fort was abandoned by Union troops in 1867 after the end of the war and after Tennessee had returned to the Union.
[From http://www.fortwiki.com/Fort_Negley_(1) ]