Information about General Hospital #6 in Richmond, VA during the Civil War.
Also called: Keen Hospital. Formerly the building of Keen, Baldwin and Company, dry goods. Opened before June 1862 with 86 patients. Destroyed in evacuation fire. Location: northside of Main Street near intersection of Governor Street. Approximately present 1306 East Main Street. (from Confederate Military Hospitals in Richmond by Robert W. Waitt, Jr., Official Publication #22 Richmond Civil War Centennial committee, Richmond, Virginia 1964.