I have been looking at Breare's men also. I have some names you can check for possibles. Please let me know what you think:
1. Ard, W.M. (filed pension in Dale)
2. Ardis, Isaac (mention to have helped at Ras Myers hanging)
3. Beeland, D.T.
4. Crews, Whitmore K. (discharged from Co. D 57th AL)
5. Echols, George (wounded right thigh Murfreesboro from Co. B 33rd sent home)
6. Ezell, Jacob "Jake" (home from Co. D 57th & helped at hanging)
7. Hatton, John (was with Noah Fountain when he was murdered)
8. Judah, J.W. (or W.J.) (filed pension in Houston Co. AL)
9. Judah, J. Samuel b. Mar 5, 1842 d. June 12, 1926 (filed pension in Dale Co.)
10. Martin, D.H.L. (widow filed pension in Coffee Co.)
11. Mizell, Hope Hull b. Sep 20, 1820 Baldwin Co. GA d. Mar 2, 1887 Dale Co. (wounded in the hip by Speckled John Ward's Raiders)
12. Shiver, Abner Barlett Lt. b. Feb 8, 1819 SC d. Dec 7, 1894 Dale (mentioned in report as having gone with Capt. Barnes' squad to capture deserters)
13. Turner, William (widow Eliza applied for pension in Dale)
14. Windham, H.H.
15. Windham, J.W. (filed for pension in Dale)
Some of these guys (Crews, Ezell, ect;) may have only gone to help and not have been an actual member of the squad.