Capt. John W. Morton's Battery was attached to W. H. Jackson's Cavalry Division, operating in northern Mississippi and west Tennessee during the fall of 1864. Don't believe it would ever have been in the Department of the Gulf.
The Louisiana in the Civil War Message Board - Archive is maintained by Webmaster
Powered by Tetra-WebBBS 6.21 / TetraBB PRO 0.30 © 2006-2012 tetrabb.com